AN EXCLUSIVE EVENT FROM KARFI & civic innovation lab
January 20, 2018
This event is the first in Karfi's Skills Training series, held exclusively for Civic Innovation Lab members.
Business communications requires more than a stance, mission, or even an audience. Join us Friday, February 2nd as we discuss strategies for effective and affective storytelling on a global stage (RSVP here).
Time of the event is tentative. Event is available exclusively to members of the Civic Innovation Lab in Abuja, Nigeria. To learn more visit http://civicilab.com/membership/.
NEW SERVICE: SKILLS TRAINING
October 29, 2017
Karfi is all about empowering Africans and sharpening iron. So it makes sense to offer the latest service: skills training.
Starting today, we offer in-person or online workshops preparing you and your team to carry out many of the tasks Karfi conducts on behalf of clients:
- Proposal writing
- Budget development and management
- Logistics management
- Website design
- General and technical writing skills
Additionally, knowledge workshops provide 101 guidance on the nonprofit landscape in your geographic area (i.e. country of operation) and how to comply with legal and accountability policies required by governments and/or private funders.
Please use the form at our Services page to make a request for additional information!
Karfi is Hiring!
September 19, 2017
Nearly one month since its inception, Karfi is hiring! If you are an exceptional writer with a passion for news and developments in Africa, you may be interested in joining the team as Assistant Web Content Writer. Responsibilities for this role include:
- researching and collecting articles on trending topics concerning African nations and the Diaspora community
- developing brief synopses of the selected content for "The IRON List", which will be reviewed by the Principal Consultant
- managing updates to Karfi's social media accounts, and using data to ascertain issues of most concern to Karfi's audience
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- current undergraduate student or recent college graduate, with a major in International Relations, African Studies, Economics, Business Administration or other related fields;
- strong writing and research skills;
- an understanding of international affairs, including prominent organizations, experts and initiatives;
- a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher for the most recent academic semester or at completion of degree program;
- a working computer and access to reliable internet (this position will be remote, but preference will be given to candidates living within the Greater New York City area).
This is a per diem, part-time position with pay commensurable to the selected candidate's experience. Start date will be in mid-October 2017.
Applicants should send their resume and a brief paragraph on why they are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications with at least two references (at least one from a supervisor, and the other from a professor and/or professional colleague) will be prioritized for consideration.